First Blog - A Test of Change
I am thrilled to be writing my first ever blog. A blog with a purpose. I am attempting to get to grips with the wide resources within the SSSC supports for us as qualified social workers. Having a space that is tailored for social workers to capture our CPL (apologies for the anacronym - continuous professional development) is amazing.
So far I've completed 3 badges, focussing on how to record and evidence learning. These badges focus learning and encourage reflection. The journal entries in my own SSSC app space are a great way to record learning but also to keep a record of the work and learning I am involved in on a daily basis. The badges and the journal entries are a SMART way for me to record my work in relation to learning and professional development. For those not familiar, SMART is specific, measureable, achieveable, realistic, timescale. I cannot recommend utilising the SSSC badge and journal more highly. Justifies the registration fee.
As per the requirement for the 23 Things Digital Badge, this blog entry is a post reflecting upon my thoughts regarding Open Badges and their potential as a way of demonstrating professional development.
I now need to remember to tag/label my blog post with SSSC23things!
Signing off, El Camino in the West GedPC
Comments
Post a Comment